[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubble

Carol Botteron cjbotteron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:57:29 BST 2021

Katherine (Kathy) Collett:
A proper public transportation system, funded as a service, not for profit,
would provide useful transportation to and from the village, but I doubt
even a well-funded bus service would travel to all the outlying rural
roads, on the chance that someone might want to use it.

Carol Botteron:
Combining functions can be helpful.  A few decades ago, I traveled to my
ancestor's home village in Switzerland, by a bus that also delivered the
mail from a larger town to several villages.  It worked very well, and on
time of course.  ("If the nine o'clock train doesn't leave at nine o'clock,
it's either not a Swiss train or not a Swiss clock.")