[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubbles

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:50:17 BST 2021

tidsel said:

> Except in many cases one is dependent on another, and the individual >
choice is not really a choice.

Yes, exactly. Therein lies one of the problems.

Most people have chosen the individual car as a solution, albeit an
expensive and problematic one. I'd like to see us using something better,
but there is little agreement so far as to what would be better.

Often, choices are made through fashion, perception, and circumstance.

namaste,
Elizabeth