[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubble

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Fri Sep 3 16:13:18 BST 2021

One of the nice things about living in Brooklyn is that I no longer need
a car. I have not had one for 26 years. When I was working out on Long
Island I did, but no longer. I have two buses and a subway stop on my
corner and then there is MTA Access-A-Ride which will give me a taxi
ride to anywhere in New York City for $2.75. A car requires continuous
upkeep and a place to park it, which is difficult in my neighborhood.
And then there is Lyft and Uber...

Harvey