[LMB] OT: Announcement update

Carol Botteron cjbotteron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 18:09:43 BST 2021

> On Sep 2, 2021, at 9:50 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Facebook's A.I. doesn't have all that much "I?.

I worked for the Harvard School of Public Health, on the 13th floor of a
14-story building.  The two elevators were controlled by what must have
been an elaborate artificial stupidity system.  They did not operate
independently; when someone pushed a call button, both elevators would go
to that floor (eventually), so the wait time was almost doubled.  As an MIT
grad, I suggested that if this had happened at MIT, someone would have
assigned some students to an office on the top floor, and the problem would
soon vanish.