[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubble

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 18:35:43 BST 2021

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 5:25 AM tidsel via Lois-Bujold <

> In my part of the world it is the postal system, which has gone from
> delivery twice a day to twice a week - at impossible prices and lousy
> service..

When postal service was frequent, there were no alternatives.  The
introduction of phone service, email, texting, and the gradual increase in
accessibility and decrease in price for these services, has meant physical
mail is used less and less.  And that means less of a demand pushing for
quality, speed, and cheapness.

Monopoly works in strange ways, sometimes.  There is such a thing as an
economy of scale.

Matt G.