[LMB] OT: Announcement update

Jane Starr jane at starchak.ca
Fri Sep 3 18:44:59 BST 2021

> -----Original Message----- > From: Lois-Bujold
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf > Of Matija
Grabnar via Lois-Bujold > Sent: September 3, 2021 1:19 AM > To:
lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk > Cc: Matija Grabnar > Subject: Re: [LMB] OT:
Announcement update > > On 03/09/2021 04:50, Raymond Collins wrote: > >
Facebook's A.I. doesn't have all that much "I". > > Not that I have much
love for Facebook, but in fairness, current methods of > language
understanding and tone detection are not yet able to cope. > It's true, and
I hope they're working on fine-tuning it. I administrate a Facebook group on
gardening, and we have regular problems with Facebook's AI flagging words
like "hoe". It particularly gets flagged in comments. Someone will post a
picture and say "what is this tool called?" and someone else will say
"stirrup hoe" and within seconds FB is threatening permanent bans. I mean,
if you can't discuss basic gardening tools in a gardening group, where can
you? The other admins and I dispute each false flag via FB's rather baroque
dispute system, but I don't think we've had any response. Jane Scanned by
McAfee and confirmed virus-free. Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2zCJMrO