[LMB] OT: peeve

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 21:07:35 BST 2021

Yes, in the everyone is different category, I switched from strips to
continuous glucose monitoring a few years ago -- but that's pretty
expensive without insurance coverage. The Medtronic CGM was a PITA and
required a blood test calibration at least once a day. I have the Dexcom
CGM now, which doesn't need calibration, and it's much more accurate except
when BG is rising or falling quickly. It runs about 10-15 minutes behind BG
as it is testing interstitial fluid rather than blood.

(Type 1 here, diagnosed in 1975, before home blood glucose testing was even
a thing.)

Ann

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"