[LMB] OT: Cars, independence, and haut bubbles

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 22:13:47 BST 2021

On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 15:15:12 +0000, tidsel via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Even here (UK), the provision of public transit is very patchy.

In London, most bus routes don't even have a timetable; there are first
and last times, and between that, the buses come every 6-12 minutes.
It's almost never worth running for a bus.

Out here in rural Cheshire, we have one an hour.  And they finish by
9pm, except Friday and Saturday night when it's 11, and 6pm on Sundays.
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these: "It might have been!"