[LMB] Writers and moral problems

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 00:00:47 BST 2021

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 14:07:54 +0000, "Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com>
wrote:

> [...]

But that is a relatively recent enhancement.

In the bad old days, when public hangings were regular occurrences at
Tyburn, it was the practice for well-off condemned men (or their
families) to pay people to hang on their legs to shorten the suffering.
--
To acquire knowledge, one must study but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.  - Marilyn vos Savant