[LMB] Writers and moral problems

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sat Sep 4 01:30:58 BST 2021

On Fri, 3 Sep 2021, Marc Wilson wrote:
> My latest disappointment is "Slowhand": Eric Clapton, who has outed
> himself as a racist, right-wing fruit-loop.  "Slowhead", from now on.

Switch to Rory Gallagher, who was a brilliant blues/rock
guitarist/composer, and really nice guy. Interviewed him once for my
university newspaper and he had immense patience for a cub reporter who
was more than a bit starstruck. Gave an amazing performance that night,
too.

(His first eponymous album, Tattoo, Blueprint, Jinxed, Deuce, Calling Card,
any of his live albums -- all excellent. His song "I Fall Apart" just
insinuates yourself into your brain even if you're not a rock fan.)

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca