[LMB] self-driving vehicles OT:

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:54:42 BST 2021

One of the drawbacks of fully automated flight is the pilots get rusty and
make mistakes. Case in point was Air France Flight 447 which crashed in the
Atlantic after its pitot tubes iced up and instead of using standard flight
protocol in such situations the crew stalled the plane which crashed. It
turns out their training hadn't been kept up.