[LMB] OT: Sigs

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:04:45 BST 2021

When my father started working for the State Department he was a courier
who transported official documents and equipment to and from embassies. In
these special diplomatic pouches. He heard the story of this one courier
who received a extra large and a extra heavy pouch. Since diplomatic
pouches are sealed couriers don't know what's in them. Now this guy had to
schlepp this pouch with him from the office to the airport and on the plane
with him. The thing in the pouch was huge and heavy. He almost got a hernia
every time he picked it up.  So well his destination had to be a third
world country so he had to take many connecting flights, dragging this
monstrosity from gate to gate. Finally he reached the host city of the
embassy, manhandled the pouch which was beginning to rip. When the taxi got
to the embassy he pulled and yanked the pouch out of the taxi when the
pouch ripped open and a vintage window air conditioner fell out. He was not
pleased.
The moral  of the story was it had to take a special kind of stupidity to
be that incompetent to send a 250 pound window air conditioner through the
United  States courier service.