[LMB] OT: COVID-19 Vaccines

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon Sep 6 14:43:03 BST 2021

On 06/09/2021 14:13, tidsel via Lois-Bujold wrote:
> The Mu is here https://www.salon.com/2021/09/04/everything-we-know-about-the-mu-variant-the-latest-coronavirus-mutation/

I find it amusing that the article mentions (should there be a
sufficient number of new strains that they run out of Greek letters), a
possibility that a future strain might get named "The Andromeda Strain",
which they mention was a book by Michael Crichton, and made into a
movie. I don't think anybody is stupid enough to do that (the optics
would be terrible), but ...

Spoiler for the 50-year old book/movie: The strain in that also affected
blood clotting, but it was (hkhm) somewhat more aggressive than the
current 'Rona.