[LMB] OT: Duolingo, was weird and wonderful human brain

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:48:42 BST 2021

I'm on Duolingo as J Woodruff (big surprise). Yes, I am working on 12
languages...very, very slowly. I work on one a day, and rotate through them.

I knew French (from high school), German (from college), and a little
Spanish (from elementary school) before I started, as well as a tiny bit of
Latin from being a church musician and how to pronounce Italian from having
been a music major. The others are all just for fun and for brain activity.
Doing a different one every day provides me enough variety that I keep at
it.

My husband, who is doing fewer languages in a focused way, knows enough
Spanish now that he can communicate with the folks at the Spanish mass he
plays for. It's not a perfect way to learn a language, but it's a great
start.

Jennifer