[LMB] Chalion trio

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:25:49 BST 2021

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 5:43 PM Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 07:53:01PM +0000, Bujold list wrote:
>
> > Same with Paladin of Souls. I was really impressed - so many authors
> > stick to what has worked for them, and do not experiment. But I could
> > not handle The Hallowed Hunt, being extremely sensitive to animal
> > abuse. It ruins many wonderfully good books for me. Does anyone else
> > have this particular problem?  T
>
> I don't recall any great animal abuse in the book.

I can see where what happened to the leopard in the early part of the book
(even though we only get accounts of it rather than "see" it happening)
might trigger a sensitive person.

Although I would have thought the events of Curse of Chalion would be much
worse!

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>