[LMB] not quite a haut bubble OT:

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Sep 8 06:17:04 BST 2021

On Sep 7, 2021, at 5:53 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kleenex.  Jello.  Xerox.  (That one's pretty obsolete.)

My husband Kurt and and I met while working at Xerox in Pasadena, in two different computer/software divisions, in the mid-‘80s.

Coincidentally, my sister worked in inbound marketing for office supplies for Xerox in the late ‘80s. I managed to make up a months-long silence while making an order for supplies, calling her directly from my temp job. She did figure it was me after a few minutes.

None of us worked nights in reproduction.

Then he worked for Ricoh, another photo-optics firm which makes copier-printers—but in software R&D. His Japanese nickname was Kato(-san), short a as in cat, rather than long a as in Kato, sidekick to the Green Hornet. He tactfully did not tell them the last association.

Xerox is not obsolete for us, even in its continuing corporate obsolescence.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala