[LMB] Spirit Ring - Fathers & Daughters

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Wed Sep 8 07:08:11 BST 2021

On 08/09/2021 01:52, Matthew George wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 10:05 PM <alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
>
>> Why women have needed numeracy and literacy as much as men throughout
>> European history
>>
> *thinks*
*Laughs*
> No, they didn't.  Throughout most of the so-called Dark Ages, the majority
> of the populace could neither read nor write, and the few positions that
> demanded those skills weren't open to women.

Others have addressed the "majority couldn't read/write" before you
posted that, I won't repeat what they said.

I'll just want to address your "the few positions that demanded those
skills weren't open to women"

Why weren't they open? Because they couldn't read/write. Why not teach
them to read/write? Because those positions aren't open to women.

Don't you get dizzy, coming up with so many circular arguments?

And since you made an absolute statement, here's a counter-example just
to prove you wrong again: Abbess is a position that required reading and
writing, AND was open to women.