[LMB] Women and education

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 03:34:05 BST 2021

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 4:25 PM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> > On Sep 8, 2021, at 1:53 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just imagine if Mary had replaced Elizabeth. I don't think the country
> would have
> > fared nearly as well.
>
> Well, some people don’t like strong women.
> --

Well, the groundlings at Shax's play like her well enough.
When he modeled the Fairy Queen after Glorianna, everyone cheered her.

(This information comes via historical fiction, with S. sitting in the back
of the GLobe biting his nails, while the royal guard is there to arrest him
for conspiracy against the Crown.  The the Queen comes on stage, all hail
the queen, hte charges quietly go away.  What book exactly this came from,
I have no idea.)