[LMB] Negri

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 21:09:18 BST 2021

Robert Woodward used the important/key phrase:
"what is now Australia"
the important thing being that back in long-ago (even in) geologic time,
the landmasses weren't where they are now, not even nearby. therefore what
is now five miles above sealevel may have been 1 or 3 miles below when the
rocks on top were formed. parts of what is now Antarctica once existed in
lush tropics. Needless to say, they weren't where they are now.

So, it isn't like the south pole used to be tropics, it is that the land
has moved. it takes a long time.

E.g., the north Atlantic ocean is widening by something in the neighborhood
of two inches per year. Geologically speaking, that's speedy! And similar
rates apply to the sliding of the Pacific plate northward along the US west
coast. Hence mountains, valleys below sealevel, earthquakes, and volcanoes.

Fred