[LMB] Fwd: OT: Wreck

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Fri Sep 10 21:13:27 BST 2021

On 10/09/2021 20:19, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> Today, Gayle and I decided to go out for lunch with less than desirable results.
> We  were stopped in a turn lane with a red arrow. A small older car, ran a red light and was t-boned into my car. Thankfully, Gayle and I were shaken and not stirred. The driver of the car that hit us was unconscious for a few minutes and had to be cut from her car.
I very sorry to hear that. I hope you will all be well soon.
> She was taken to the hospital and all three cars looked to be totaled.
Who drove the third car? And where was the third car before the crash?
> My reaction when the police came was to get all “fair witness” (check Stranger in a Strange Land for a definition) telling them exactly what I personally saw and not what could be inferred. For example, I said that the turn arrow was red and the West bound lights were green. I didn’t infer that she ran a red light.
I may be unclear on the layout of the road crossing - at least in
Europe, if you were stopped by a turn arrow red, you wouldn't be in the
position where someone running a red light could hit you.