[LMB] The Spirit Ring

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sat Sep 11 17:17:13 BST 2021

On 11/09/2021 14:54, Matthew George wrote:
> Ethan's religion is an offshoot of Orthodox Christianity, probably from a
> Greek cultural background.  I don't recommend suggesting to theologians of
> that faith that their religion stems from a 'misreading of a couple of
> biblical passages'.  You'll lose the argument.  And possibly some teeth.

Doesn't mean they are right. Disputes over the Eastern Orthodox reading
of the Bible vs that of the other denominations have a very long
history, including the accusations of one side or the other rewriting
ancient texts to make it more clear they were supporting "their side".

In the end, they are not about whose interpretation is more correct,
they are disputes about donkey's shadow, determined by who has more
power in a specific place at a specific time.