[LMB] The Spirit Ring

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:32:33 BST 2021

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:59 AM Robert Woodward <
Robert_A_Woodward at comcast.net> wrote:

> ? I think you have the meaning of that Ezar and Cordelia exchange
> reversed. Ezar found atheism comforting because death was the end (no
> eternal punishment in Hell).

Yes, thank you for the correction.  I truncated the 'a' away from the
'theism' there.

Self-interest, without modification, is unenlightened.

No, it's merely self-interest.

> Since it is the offshoot that did the misreading, not the original faith
> (and why do you conclude that  it was Eastern Orthodox?)

Beg pardon?  Are you not familiar with the actual Mt. Athos, and its
policies?

> your comment suggests either a misreading on your part or a desire to be
> offensive.

Riiiight.

Matt G.