[LMB] Tea Party - books discussed

Katherine (Kathy) Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Sep 12 01:44:30 BST 2021

I mentioned the excellent Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells.  I just finished the fourth; there are six (so far?).  Here are the titles:

All Systems Red
Artificial Condition
Rogue Protocol
Exit Strategy
Network Effect
Fugitive Telemetry
Reception

> Jelbelser <jelbelser at comcast.net> wrote:  I didn’t get to mention that in my opinion the very best Robin McKinley book is “Sunshine”.

I like Sunshine a lot.  So good.

> Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
> ….   I should have mentioned The Wee Free Men as a good one to start
> with.

I was also thinking that the Tiffany Aching books (starting with Wee Free Men) would be yet another good place to start reading Pratchett.

> <snip>
> Also "The Nargun and the Stars" and "The Ice is Coming" by Patricia
> Wrightson.

Ooh, I haven’t read those in a long time, but they are indeed very good.

Katherine