[LMB] OT: Terry Pratchett

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:32:48 BST 2021

From: Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com>

.....SP SP SP..... A Bit Spoilery.......

Really, there's nothing wrong with order of publication, as long as you
remember that Pratchett didn't really hit his stride, thematically
speaking, till the third or fourth Discworld book.
namaste,
Elizabeth

Gwynne: True. But I love Rincewind. He's Fate's chew toy; his
incompetence isn't his own fault, and at times it has a genius of its
 own. And his inability to do magic isn't his fault, as we find out
eventually. Plus he has the luggage! He was also a refreshing change
 from a swathe of strong, noble fantasy heroes at the time. I love
how often he walks briskly away from danger, only to step right in it.