[LMB] ;;

baur baur baur at chello.at
Sun Sep 12 12:58:11 BST 2021

one of reasons why spinning (post drop spindle spinning) and weaving was woman's work was that it is sedentary work - which lends itself to supervising / caring for litle children at the same time

drop spindle spinning (pre spinning wheel) has indications that it was much more unisex - for example also done by male shepherds .. but it was also pssible to spin and supervise at the same time ..

servus

markus