[LMB] Tea Party

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:36:25 BST 2021

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:03 PM Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Louann, a.k.a. Domel, said:
>
> > I have to admit that it gets alarming to see myself on live video for a
> long stretch like
> > that. What if I make a mistake like picking my nose on camera?
>
> Don't worry, we're all in the same position there. Equal opportunity for
> embarrassment.

It's funny how my mind works. I certainly don't pass judgment on the other
people in Zoom by their looks; I enjoy seeing the variety of us. It feels
friendly. But somehow, based on no evidence, my hindbrain is convinced that
I and I alone look horrible on video and will naturally attract judgment. I
should probably think more about this. Husband who uses Zoom several times
a day for work says that it's actually a very common reaction.