[LMB] Education for men

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 19:08:48 BST 2021

In England, post-Conquest, trials were held in Norman French.  As late as
the 1700s, barristers had to know "Law French" (a very debased version of
the language) to practice their profession.  As time wore on, the French
used in English courts became more and more different from both original
Norman French and the French in use in France.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 7:51 AM Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <