[LMB] OT: Terry Pratchett

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sun Sep 12 19:31:44 BST 2021

 Rincewinds' rules for conflict mediation.
#1: Be polite
#2: Ask for a moment' leave to visit the garderobe
#3: Start running.
#4: Keep speed round corners (at least three).

#5: Don't stop (they might be gaining).
#6: Stop at the third tavern after the third corner.

#7: Sit with your side to the front door; and know where the back door is. Order a beer and a basket of pretzels. spill half of each to show you've been there a while.

#8: Wonder where the Luggage is. Let it find you.
#9: Order another beer (and a sandwich).
#10: Conflict Mediated.

    On Sunday, September 12, 2021, 12:56:46 PM CDT, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 3:33 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: True. But I love Rincewind. He's Fate's chew toy; his
> incompetence isn't his own fault,

Which was also Sir PTerry's punch-back to the mighty hero vs the Evol
Sorcerer.
Here's a Wizzzzzard, he's not evil, he couldn't rule the world if he wanted
to, and he doesn't even want to.

>  I love
> how often he walks briskly away from danger, only to step right in it.
> --

Point of order, walk briskly ONLY until you are out of sight, then run like
the blazes.
And don't look back, just assume they are gaining on you.

Sylvia
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk