[LMB] AKICOT: L gmail weirdness

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 05:11:49 BST 2021

Hello all
Some while back, Gmail changed the inbox to include categories. So, OK, I
used the filters to push mail into the categories I wanted them in.

And then gmail decided to ignore all my filters, and all common sense, and
dump ALL my mail into the social tab.  All the "primary" mail - all the
family stuff, all hte work stuff, all the forum stuff, all the social-media
stuff, all the mail from people I had set up filters for to be in
promotions - nope.    it's all in the Social tab.

I tried removing the social tab from my inbox, and everything poured back
into Primary, including stuff I had put into social  & promotion & forums.
I put the Social tab back into my inbox and it's all shoved over again.

Advice?