[LMB] OT: Pratchett

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon Sep 13 08:55:22 BST 2021

On 13/09/2021 01:23, Raymond Collins wrote:
> I think the Discworld novels had several different series's there was
> Rincewind series. I think "Equal Rites" was the beginning of Esme
> Weatherwax books and of course DEATH had his own series because he is so
> endemic. Eventually every one meets DEATH.

One of the stories told in TCoM is about a magician who was determined
to avoid death (and Death).

He devised an elaborate collection of protective spells and shields and
all manner of other protections, culminating in a big iron chest which,
once he climbed in, was welded shut. And just as he realized he forgot
to design it with breathing holes, he heard The Voice: "IT'S DARK IN
HERE, ISN'T IT?"