[LMB] OT: Dresden reading order

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:24:36 BST 2021

A non-Pratchett series which I don't recommend starting at the beginning -
though I recommend the series, highly - is the Dresden Files. It has some
of my favorite moments in fantasy, ever, but Jim Butcher was slow to hit
his stride with it. I often tell people to start at the fourth book, *Summer
Knight*. If you like that one, go on, and also read #2 and #3 at some point
to fill in the worldbuilding. Just don't ever read the first one - it's
awful.

I remember we discussed Dresden at the tea party Zoom because someone
definitely quoted "The building was on fire, but it wasn't my fault."

JLWT
***********

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma""The problem with the speed of
light is it comes so early in the morning." (Albert Einstein)*
*"Historiography has then three functions: to entertain our imagination, to
gratify our curiosity, and to discharge a debt we owe our ancestors." (C.S.
Lewis)"If all we have to offer back to the God of the cosmos is Precious
Moments, we're in trouble." (Barbara Nicolosi)*
*"Some things are complicated, and denying it only makes them more so."
(John Churchill)*

*“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong.
Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing
that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway.” (Robert Jordan)"The
one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." (Lois
McMaster Bujold)************