[LMB] AKICOT: L gmail weirdness

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:37:17 BST 2021

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 4:08 AM Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <

> It is confusing, I agree.
> I don't know if you can teach gmail that it's classification algorithms
> need adjusting, but you can open a misfiled message and select create
> filter from the three dots on the right - and then use the filter to
> assign a different category, or none. (I think - I never tried with none).
> --

Yes, I've tried that...  but ALL the messages have been moved to the wrong
category.  Even the ones for which I've already created filters.  I can't
create filters for every single person that emails me.

It's puzzling, because until this week gmail worked properly and then it
just hiccuped. boom. everything into the 'social' tab.