[LMB] Books discussed at the Tea Party (not so OT here)

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 03:48:02 BST 2021

On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:07:49 -0400, Elizabeth Holden
<alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:

>> What did you think? I also frequent some Pratchett groups, and there are a
>> good number of people who still can't bear to read it because of it being
>> the last.
>
>Which is so very sad.
>
>I enjoyed it, and thought it a fitting finale for Tiffany Aching, but I
>didn't think it was as good as the earlier Tiffany Aching books. I thought
>it seemed a little unpolished, or rushed, as if he really wanted enough
>time for another draft or two... but didn't get the time.

I thought the last couple of books were like reading very good Pratchett
fanfic.  A certain lightness of touch had been lost.
--
I like butterflies, I just feel sorry for caterpillars with a fear of flying and no interest in fashion.
  @SixthFormPoet