[LMB] OT: Terry Pratchett

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:56:30 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Tuesday, September 14th, 2021 at 9:34 AM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> He was only 66 years old. Too damn young.

Yes...way too young. I remember when he died, living in the UK at the time, what a - like a black cloud hanging over people, who helped each other get through a very real grief.
Isn't it odd that you can react like that? Well, not odd, exactly..

We knew it was coming, and he hung in there a long time, with everybody kept their fingers crossed for a just
a little more time.

He would sometimes loose his thread in an interview on a scene, and people just waited quietly and understandingly while the interviewer found another topic. And Pratchett wasn't embarrassed,
he knew he was among friends.