[LMB] OT: Kai Lung (Was: Terry Pratchett

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:01:06 BST 2021

On Tuesday, September 14th, 2021 at 04:58, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> It has been observed that there are few situations that cannot be resolved
>
> speedily, and without loss of face, by either suicide, a bag of gold, or by
>
> thrusting a despised adversary over a precipice on a moonless night.(Kai Lung)

Yay!  Someone else appreciates Kai Lung!  A superb source of cod-Oriental wise sayings.  My second favourite line, which I repeat to myself when I need focus:  "But however enticing it may be to wander unchecked among a garden of bright images, are we not enticing your mind away from another topic of almost equal importance?"

Peter Hews