[LMB] OT: Tiffany Aching

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:04:41 BST 2021

Howard Brazee said:

> I don’t know what a Tiffany book is, but I do read romance, and even
young adult
> romance among other things.

A Tiffany book is one of five novels by Terry Pratchett about a character
named TIffany Aching, who has some really interesting friends. The books
are: The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full  of Sky, Wintersmith, I Shall Wear
Midnight, and The Shepherd's Crown, which Raymond just read, and which is
the last book Terry Pratchett ever wrote.

I didn't know it when I read them, but it seems they were marketed (in the
UK? in the US?) as Young Adult novels. They didn't seem any different to me
than other Pratchett novels, many of which have young protagonists.

And Tiffany Aching is a girl. I am told there are some male readers who
prefer not to read about girls, though not, I am sure, among this crowd.

namaste,
Elizabeth