[LMB] OT: Kai Lung (Was: Terry Pratchett

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:05:29 BST 2021

I should wander this over to the Lord Peter list, but one of my favorite
moments in *Strong Poison *is when Wimsey quotes that.

JLWT
***********

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma""The problem with the speed of
light is it comes so early in the morning." (Albert Einstein)*
*"Historiography has then three functions: to entertain our imagination, to
gratify our curiosity, and to discharge a debt we owe our ancestors." (C.S.
Lewis)"If all we have to offer back to the God of the cosmos is Precious
Moments, we're in trouble." (Barbara Nicolosi)*
*"Some things are complicated, and denying it only makes them more so."
(John Churchill)*

*“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong.
Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing
that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway.” (Robert Jordan)"The
one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." (Lois
McMaster Bujold)************

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 3:01 PM Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <