[LMB] Discworld, Barrayar, and Jean's story

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:35:32 BST 2021

It's a recurrent theme that tyrany is the very best and the very worst system of government there is.  It all depends on the tyrant, and the snag is that by definition, you don't get to choose your tyrant.

Ankh-Morpork and Barrayar both get lucky, though it's fair to say that the Barrayarans make some of their own luck, both in disposing of Serg and raising Gregor right.

Peter Hews

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.