[LMB] PT: Language

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:49:16 BST 2021

Tidsel said:

> Things annoy me too about how other people express themselves - here I am
mostly talking FB.

I am lucky in that most of my friends on FB speak or at least type, better
than I do.

Errors in ads and on TV make me squirm. When a yoga teach on YouTube says,
"Lay down on your mat," (and so many do), I squirm as I lie down. They also
say vertebra when they mean vertebrae.  Whimper. ...And I have a particular
hate for the confusion of "less" and "fewer".

So why does this bother me? I have trained myself to be sensitive to words.

And then I make typos and errors all the time, and make myself squirm and
whimper.

In the grand scheme of things, I try not to let it get to me.

namaste,
Elizabeth