[LMB] OT: Terry Pratchett

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 18:23:39 BST 2021

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:07:54 -0600, brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

>> t is a VERY common misspelling (by Americans) in emails and elsewhere in the internet. I find it very annoying as well.
>
>My most annoying wrong word is “then” meaning “than”.
>
>I also dislike “tons of” and “massive” when they shouldn’t apply.   And reading about space ships landing on that planet’s tarmac.

Most "Tarmac" isn't, anyway.  A lot of it is asphalt or bitmec.  Or even
concrete, increasingly.

Why yes!  I do have a friend who is a civil engineer.  And yes, it is
one of his hot buttons.
--
You know you've been on the internet too long when you've got to turn your
 head sideways to express emotion. - (NancyButton