[LMB] OT: Personal disparagement

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:15:49 BST 2021

William said -

> Whenever I say anything some people don’t like, I’m attacked personally

It's not that you say something that people don't like, it's that you say
something that people think is wrong, and provocative.

For political matters, anything can be provocative, and regardless of where
it started, fascism is a hot topic in the US now, so it's US politics
whether you want it to be seen as such or not.

It looks as if you are trying to provoke people. If you are not, just try
to be more careful what you say.

Bujold book content is a far safer bet.

If you want to say something to provoke *me*, just say something iffy about
the Bayeux Tapestry.

namaste,
Elizabeth