[LMB] OT: Story ID

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:21:57 BST 2021

Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert and William discuss a story:
>
>> I suspect that this is a Gordon Dickson story ? checking .. ?Three-Part
>> Puzzle?, published in \
>> Analog in the June 1962 issue, reprinted in the collections _The Star
>> Road_, _Beginnings_, and > _The Human Edge_.
>
> I'd like to read that, but it doesn't seem to be available in my accessible
> libraries, or on Amazon or the Book Depository. Any idea how I can find it?

The Internet Archive is your friend here:
https://archive.org/details/beginnings00dick/mode/2up

They've also got an extensive archive of pulp magazines
(https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive), and it's often
possible to find the original-publication versions of stories there.
This has been useful to me in discussions of authors' original intent,
evolution and propagation of typos through print editions, etc.
But they don't have the June 1962 edition of Analog, though they do have
January, February, April, and September.

Joel