[LMB] OT: Terry Pratchett

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sun Sep 19 18:26:20 BST 2021

On 19/09/2021 18:11, baur baur via Lois-Bujold wrote:
>> Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> hat am 19.09.2021 19:02 geschrieben:
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2021, 8:33 AM brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Analyses of Agatha Cristies’ writing for dementia are interesting
>>>
>> I vote for 'I'm so fscking sick of these characters, but the money is so good. '
> and i have to pay the bills for all these travels (orent express, nile cruise, etc)

Quite possibly that was part of the reason. But you must realize that
creative work can be addictive, too.

Writing, painting, composing, even programming. For some people they are
the daily grind that they have to do to earn money to survive so they
can do other stuff. For other people it is just something they need to
do, and they would do it even if nobody paid them a penny.

I would not be surprised to learn that Agatha Christie was one of the later.