[LMB] Fwd: OT: Language changes

B Van Look vanlook19 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 00:14:14 BST 2021

> Am 18.09.2021 um 16:04 schrieb Elizabeth Holden:
> > Markus said:
> >> the meaning in public usage has changed ... as has, for example the
> > meaning of the term nazi - > the use of both terms have
> >> been broadend to the point of them becoming menaigless
> >
> > So you have said, and repeated, but I see no reflection of this in real
> > life. Nazi means what it always did.

from the SCA, I offer "Authenticity Nazi" -- which was common parlance for
a rudesby who prized historical authenticity over everything else, even
kindness
from common US culture, I offer "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld

Before turn of the millennia, the word Nazi *had* been cast around more
than its original meaning.
It's tightening back up, though.

BJ