[LMB] Salic law vs agnatic succession on Barrayar

Robert Woodward Robert_A_Woodward at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 05:34:31 BST 2021

On Sep 19, 2021, at 9:15 PM, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:

> So, we've heard all through the Vor series that inheritance obeys the Salic law:
>
> https://vorkosigan.fandom.com/wiki/Salic_descent

I disagree; Aral mentioned Salic descent in chapter 15 of _Shards of Honor_, but Ezar didn’t appear to be impressed with his argument. As for the Counts, their inheritance appears to more like the Irish practice of Tanistry (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanistry <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanistry>) then anything else.

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com