[LMB] OT: Language changes

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 21 02:47:41 BST 2021

On Sep 18, 2021, at 8:34 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld.  Or "grammar nazis".  The Nazis have
> been so heavily overused that they're little more than generic baddies that
> can be killed without remorse in popular culture.

I read — and don’t seem to have kept a link — saying that one of Hitler’s men, possibly the one in charge of propaganda, was rather strict in his language usage, and thus, the grammar Nazi.

I’ll stick to hidebound language/grammar police in my self-reference.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala