[LMB] OT: Language changes

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 02:44:39 BST 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:34 PM Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <

> On 20/09/2021 21:51, Matthew George wrote:
> > It's worth noting that publicly being opposed to the Nazis in Germany
> was a
> > good way to get killed.  Nevertheless, many ordinary citizens supported
> the
> > Nazis, feeling that they were a necessary antidote to the humiliation
> > Germany had experienced after WWI,....  Basic
> > human nature, I'm afraid.  This has all happened before...
> >
> > Matt "and it will all happen again" G.
>
> And despite it being a good way to get killed, and despite social
> pressure from supporters of the Nazis around them, there were still
> people who not only saw that it was wrong, but did something about it.
> Even at the peril of their own lives. That, too, is human nature. That,
> too, will happen again.
> ...  So, be the best person you can be, and don't use other people's
> "human
> nature" as an excuse.
>
> --

So far we've got human nature demonstrating man against man & man
against himself.

Anyone want to complete the classic Three Plots, with  man against nature?

 “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news,” Mr. Rogers
said to his television neighbors, “my mother would say to me, '*Look for
the helpers.* *You will always find people who are helping.*

Sylvia