[LMB] LISTBIZ: Any listees near Melbourne?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 23 05:46:06 BST 2021

I know it was a 5.9, and the damage was deemed minor.

Hope any of you in the area were no more than inconvenienced! You can blame Miss Fisher & Dr Blake mysteries for my bits of geographical knowledge around Melbourne. I tend to see where places are on a map.

When the Whittier Narrows quake hit in 1987, also a 5.9, I was on the freeway (210, headed west) late to work. The car skidded over (rain diverting) grooves in the lane—with new tires. I was annoyed with that until I looked up to see overhead freeway signs moving in the non-existent wind, and to my right, puffs of dirt rising at the base of the mountains a few miles north. On the other side of them is the West Fork of the San Andreas, but that’s not what popped.

I stopped thinking about my tires.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA