[LMB] OT: GUARDIAN: "Astronauts check our scripts!": inside the new age of sumptuous sci-fi TV

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Sep 23 19:10:28 BST 2021

This is an interesting overview of the current state of the art in SF
television. The question is whether the scripts & acting & understanding
of science can match the special effects. It certainly does in _The
Expanse_ which is one of the shows examined in this story.

And I don't know why they mention Lee Pace as being in _The Hobbit_ when
obviously his leading role in _Halt and Catch Fire_ (where he did a
brilliant job in that evocation of the 80s microcomputer revolution) is
far more relevant...

--
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/sep/23/foundation-apple-tv-welcome-to-the-age-of-sumptuous-sci-fi-tv

"Astronauts check our scripts!": inside the new age of sumptuous sci-fi TV
With clone emperors in haute couture and exotic wolf-lizards poised to
attack, Foundation and For All Mankind herald a new era of ravishing
spectaculars. Can they do for sci-fi what Game of Thrones did for fantasy?

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

and subvert them. -- Barbara Ehrenreich