[LMB] OT: "Conformity verses"

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:48:35 BST 2021

Pat: "Conformity verses." That cries out for a poetry contest on the
subject. Anybody?

John: Heh. UK politics -not- being forbidden, this limerick happened today
in another conversation I was having about our ongoing HGV/semi driver
shortages and distribution meltdown as Brexit goes on Not Working In
Spades, and how exactly we got here ...

Quoth the Boris, "We'll make England great
once again, as a premier state!
We will have longer queues,
bigger bills, bluer blues!
Vote for me, and get ready to wait!"

And they did, IMO alas.

US politics being forbidden, those who would like the equivalent limerick
for the most recent loser of a US presidential election should contact me
off-list.

[Plus: Awkward and pleasingly apophatic yet genuinely curious
Listbiz question: would stressing -loser- in that last statement be deemed
by any listee to constitute a violation of the no-US-politics rule?]

Associate Member, Hughes Hall, Cambridge
Independent Scholar
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Mock-Death in Shakespeare's Plays*
The first full study of Shakespeare's favourite dramatic device

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.